What's New In Your Area

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Broke My Wallet

I am not only a fan of Greek food, I am also a family member! I was inducted into the Kirizopoulus family by their eldest son last summer. Since then, it's NOT all Greek to me anymore! I totally understand everything.
And then there was The Broken Plate...
They make up for their lack of portions by setting things on fire.
Plain and simple. Flare and ambiance distracts the consumer from the strict portion control and this side of drab flavour.
Sorry. But five foot flames reaching up and scorching the ceiling will not compensate for the lack of food on my plate and the fact that I had to dig really deep and break my bank to dine at the broken plate.
The food was mediocre too. A Greek salad has many forms depending on the region. These days tradition is gone with the wind and there are more urban ways of doing things to save on food costs. For instance, adding romaine lettuce to a Greek salad has stepped up the volume of the food whilst cutting down on the traditional flavours of the olive and the gorgeous sheep's milk feta cheese.
I'm sorry but if I have to ask for extras, they might as well be on a WHOPPER at the Burger King, because that's where you will end up after eating at the Broken Plate!
OPA


RESTAURANT REVIEWED:
Broken Plate
(403) 225-9690
590-10816 Macleod Trl SE
CalgaryAB T2J

http://www.brokenplate.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment