What's New In Your Area

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Old, Cold and Covered In Mould - This is story time!

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND THE DOORS AND IN YOUR FOOD @ THE OLD SPAG FAG (Downtown)
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE MANAGER DID WHEN QUESTIONED ABOUT THIS ---->>> GRAB A CUP OF TEA, UNZIP YOUR GIRDLE AND UNDO YOUR BELT. PUT YOUR FEET UP AND READ ON!!!
Crammed in like sardines in a can.

Ordered: An EXTRA DRY VODKA MARTINI
Received: A Martini glass with what looked like DISHWATER in it and three olives that APPEARED to be fine, speared through with a traditional plastic sword.
Reluctantly I tasted my drink and immediately spewed it back into the glass. My cousin was sitting across the table with her husband and she wanted to know HOW BAD it really was and reached for my glass despite the backwash.
"THAT'S DISGUSTING" she declared, and I said, "well maybe I'll chew on an olive until supper arrives". So I offered one to her husband and he popped it in his mouth. I then too, did the same thing and vomited it out into my hand.
MOST rancid, rank, garnish I have ever tasted. Olives are pickled. Do you know how long it takes for an olive to go "BAD"???
Choice: Soup or Salad
Ordered: Garden Salad
Received: A Palm Full of Germs
I have seen many an individual use their fork to stab their food when they eat and never touch their knife at the dining table. I prefer to use both knife and fork to cut small bite size pieces, load my fork and continue the eating process. It slows down my dining time and aids in digestion. It allows for comfortable amounts of food to be chewed without any embarrassment of spitting during table conversation. It is a polite way of eating.
As I was cutting the lettuce on my plate I felt as though something was not right. I continued and began supping and prattling on with family. Nearing the end of lettuce consumption, I realised there was something in my right hand, more than just my knife.
I paused, turned my hand over, still clutching the handle of the knife and then opened up my hand - palm side up to reveal a food encrusted knife handle. I heard the words of God's Son's name accidentally BELLOW out from the mouth of my cousin's husband and his eyes bulged out of his head. I dropped the knife and it crashed onto the plate.
I was REVOLTED by my experience thus far and had not even made it to the entrée.
I was to split an order of Thai Curry Shrimp with Linguine and an order of Stuffed Cannelloni baked with Bolognese sauce. By the time it arrived my stomach was turned off that I just gave my cousin what she wanted and played with the rest.
What's more annoying is when the person waiting on you comes around to collect your dish and I say, "no I am not done with it yet, thank you" and immediately begin to constrict from indigestion and a case of bad nerves. They think that coming back five minutes later and asking if they can 'get this plate out of your way for you' is going to make any difference, when the plate looks the same and hasn't been touched. WHAT'S WORSE is when they DO NOT LISTEN when you tell them, "It is not in my way. Please leave it. Thank you" and then they send a different server to try and get it from you.
I finally turned around to the male server and said "My plate is not in my way. Is it bothering you that I want to keep my dish in front of me and comfortably carry on a conversation with my family and friends?"
With that I backed out of my chair and headed for the bar to speak with the owner/manager/supervisor or whomever would see me at that moment. I must have waited close to five or six minutes before even being acknowledged, standing right in front of the server's area. Finally, a man identifying himself as the manager asked to help me.
I began by asking him if he knows anything about quality control and how often he personally checks his food inventory. He did not have a straight answer and danced around the question. I then asked him if he knew how long it takes for an olive to turn bad to the point of being rancid and soft. (My cousin told me that the ones I gave him to eat were terrible too, but he was starving so he took them regardless).
At this point I asked the manager where he kept his bar olives to which he said in the cooler. I told him to bring them out and eat one. He refused. I then asked him, "WILL YOU PLEASE GO GET YOUR BAR OLIVES AND TASTE THEM TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE SERVING YOUR CUSTOMERS?"
HE REFUSED
I explained to him how I had been in the food industry as a cook in a long - term and extended care facility and that I know what it is like to serve many meals at one time while maintaining CONSISTENT QUALITY, IMPECCABLE CLEANLINESS and PRECISE SERVICE; having to cater to special needs and diets in a facility is similar to taking many different orders in a restaurant. If a complaint EVER came back to our kitchen about FILTHY CUTLERY, ROTTEN FOOD or POOR SERVICE heads would roll because we had to maintain IN-HOUSE, PROVINCIAL and FEDERAL standards.
The manager at the "Old Spaghetti Factory (Downtown)" did not care. The only thing he wanted to do was comp my bill, which I didn't want. I took the pre-printed comment card from the bar and put it in my wallet and the manager literally SNATCHED my food bill out from my hands. I could not believe my eyes. I MUST HAVE LOOKED LIKE A COD FISH WITH MY MOUTH OPEN, but only briefly before I shook my head and left saying, thank you for nothing.
I should have just taken my Bolognese sauce, dumped it all over me and ran out through the crowded entrance, screaming "THE COOK WENT POSTAL - RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"


RESTAURANT REVIEWED:
Old Spaghetti Factory
(780) 422-6088
10220 103 St NW
EdmontonAB T5J

http://www.oldspaghettifactory.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment