What's New In Your Area

Monday, June 27, 2011

Waves - The Undercurrent is Coming For You!

For those of you who do not know how to swim or are busy treading water at Starbucks, WAVES COFFEE HOUSE(s) are friendly waters that must be explored.
Today was my first WAVES experience at the 17th Ave, Calgary locale and I must say that I have never been in a more appealing, relaxed and trendy environment. This was THE perfect place to conduct business and still remain casual in an atmosphere that is suited to everyone.
The first thing I noticed upon approach was
the lovely group of men engaged in their business outside. The correlation to the men outside and a pleasant experience is the fact that they were all happy looking, content in their part of the shaded patio and I later learned that the owner of WAVES was among them. Knowing that his clients, partners or friends are enjoying their time makes it more inviting for the potential customers.
The staff was engaging and "one of us", not just there to take your order and shuffle you along. I failed to get names because I was awestruck by the cleanliness and the immense seating area as well as a private glassed off conference area.
Once I stopped gawking around like a rubber-necker, I noticed that WAVES has actual food, real food! I walked over to a smudge free glassed in display case with the largest sausage rolls and cinnamon buns I have ever seen. Not to mention varieties of whole cakes sliced, wraps and NON-CHOCOLATE goodies. THANK YOU WAVES. When I commented on this, our server immediately replied that she too was a chocolate hater!
Instant High Five!
Bold and full bodied like me, WAVES has beautifully brewed coffee that is nothing like the generic Fairy Pee that people line up for decades to get at the Canadian grown franchise competition. I only needed a few minutes to know that there was no contest between the two. WAVES is far superior to anything I have ever seen in a coffee house or shoppe. And YES, it too is a local home grown operation.
WAVES started off of W Hastings in Vancouver. YAY! Wouldn't you know, there was such a positive response that they have expanded and are still growing.
Check out their homepage for promotional offers and ride the WAVES over to your nearest franchise A.S.A.P. and see what all the fuss is about. Oh wait, there is no fuss. Yeah that's right. Typical West Coast Mentality. And I love it.

RESTAURANT REVIEWED:
Waves Coffee House
(403) 457-5441
1019 17th Avenue SW
CalgaryAB T2T 0A6

No comments:

Post a Comment