What's New In Your Area

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Welcome Addiction

You just cannot have an afternoon in Victoria without your Honey Bun!
For many years I travelled to Victoria and experienced it's unique wonders saying, "I will move here one day" and that day eventually came. In 1995, I commuted to work from Sidney to Victoria by transit and stopped every day by the Honeybun Cafe that was on the west side of Douglas Street at the corner of Fisgard Street. I patronized the cafe for an occasional coffee but never left without a golden glazed, creamy coconut delight that was the Honey Bun!
The HONEY BUNS were so delicious that
when my cousin declared how much he missed his "buns" from his days of living in Victoria, I sent a package of the creamy, wonder treats home to him by Purolator Courier; a feat in which the cost of the same day shipping was ten times the cost of the contents. The delivery was well worth it as my cousin was thrilled when he expressed the glee of savouring the freshly baked, sticky sweets.
There was a second Honey Bun Cafe on Yates Street in Victoria, only four blocks from the first one. This was the place where I would go with my friends on an afternoon while being a tourist in our own town. It was situated perfectly in the middle of everywhere and a geographical standard for the City of Victoria. It was tiny and quaint with a friendly staff always ready to offer a smile with your food.
It has now been five years since my last visit home to Victoria, but I can guarantee you that the first stop on my list this summer will be to the Honeybun Cafe. If you see the girl with the golden bun in between her fingers with a perma-grin on her face - Say hello and I'll give you directions to Frank's!


RESTAURANT REVIEWED:


Frank's Honeybun Cafe
(250) 383-3231
605 Yates St.
Victoria, BC V8W

No comments:

Post a Comment