What's New In Your Area

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wherefore Art Thou Romeo?

Wherefore Art Thou Romeo?
Deny thy palate and refuse thy calories?
If thou wilt not, be but sworn by formaggio,
Then you'll no longer be a friend to Italy.
If you feel like you do not want to pay for pasta when you go out for supper, ROMEO'S will change your mind and make you a believer!
It was late one night, only but a day or two after I had moved into my apartment on the corner of Cedar Hill and Hillside when I was still too tired to unpack more pots and dishes, 

let alone think about going for groceries. Fortunately for me, I had current junk mail delivered for the previous tenant. I love junk mail. HELLO? TAKE OUT MENU'S!
Okay, so what is local and what will be the closest to deliver? At this point it was not a matter of my food preference or cravings, I just wanted to eat. NOW.
In the age of land line's and Yellowpages, I hastily dialled the number of an Italian joint called ROMEO'S because it's address was just down the street from me and it had the best looking menu. I know, so cliché!
I was pleasantly greeted on the telephone and placed an order for SPINACH AND CHEESE STUFFED CANELLONI WITH CREAM SAUCE. The pasta came with GARLIC BREAD and I also ordered a CAESAR SALAD. A delivery time and total was given me, and so all I had to do was wait.
40 minutes later my buzzer rang and I let in the delivery person who handed me a hot and fragrant brown paper bag, neatly stapled with my bill attached. My salad was separate to prevent wilting. I paid the man and set down my supper.
When I opened up the bag, I removed the round aluminium food dish and took off the cardboard lid to reveal a beautiful, golden brown cheese, bubbled to perfection that was encrusting my pasta. Oh what was to lie beneath I could not imagine my senses having ever danced with such delight!
Rich and creamy garlic sauce buried large tubes of cannelloni that were artfully filled with love AND a splendid blend of cheeses to compliment the spinach.
Quite often one sometimes scoffs down food when they are exceptionally hungry. I was never the type, but had seen it done many times. Another observation of mine is that Take Out food is occasionally sub par to the food that you receive when you dine in and order from the menu of the same restaurant.


This was not the case here. I thought to myself, if this is what ROMEO'S take out food was like, then their dine in quality must be amazing too! I relished every bite and really took my time to savour the experience of the quality that ROMEO'S had given me that night. To tell you the truth, I was stunned with sheer deliciousness!
Since then I have been to every Romeo's in town, ordered most different dishes from the menu including yummy pizza's and was always impressed. The consistency remains. The quality is top notch.
But soft, what is it through which my teeth bite?
It is cheese! And ROMEO'S is the sculptor!
Arise artiste and PASTIFY the hungry soul,
Who are sick and pale without PIZZA
Thou art far more fair than most Ristorante's!

RESTAURANT REVIEWED:
Romeo's Pizza (Hillside)
(250) 595-0212
1581 Hillside Ave.
Victoria, BC V8T

No comments:

Post a Comment